On behalf of our Granduca family, we would like to thank you for your continued loyalty and support in the past and during the current COVID-19 health crisis.
The past few months has been unlike anything we have ever experienced.
In our effort to mitigate the spread of the Coronavirus, we had to adjust our services accordingly, while utilizing a very limited staff who has continued to provide the excellent service that is the signature of Hotel Granduca.
As cities and states begin to share plans to reopen, our top priority continues to be the safety and well-being of our employees and guests.
In addition to our standard hygiene and cleaning practices, we are taking additional steps to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees by adhering to the new CDC and WHO standards and guidelines.
Some of these steps include:
Health & Safety Practices:
- Daily employee screening including non-contact temperature checks
- Mandatory use of face masks for all employees in the hotel
- Additional training and reminders on proper and frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitizer
- Bloodborne Pathogen training for all employees
- Questionnaire screening and mandatory use of face masks for vendors/visitors entering the building
- Signage to maintain social distancing throughout the hotel
- Installation of plexiglass barriers at the Front Desk
- Limiting the number of staff per shift to ensure social distancing
- Staggering employee breaks to avoid overcrowding in the breakroom
- CDC approved alcohol-based hand sanitizer stands and wall-mounted stations throughout the hotel and common areas
- PPE such as gloves shoe covers, face shields, goggles available
- Touchless soap dispensers and disposable hand towels in public restrooms
- Posters throughout the building to remind staff of proper handwashing and hygiene
Sanitation & Cleaning:
- Frequent deep cleaning and sanitizing with hospital-grade disinfectants in lobby and common areas, restrooms, meeting rooms, employee breakrooms, doors, handles, elevators, floors, high touch points, fitness center, offices, computer keyboards, telephones, radios, indoor/outdoor dining rooms and pool area
- Daily deep cleaning with use of hospital-grade disinfectant in guest rooms including televisions, remotes, light switches, tables, counter tops and surfaces, bathrooms, sinks, faucets, telephones, floors, carpets, door handles
- Frequent cleaning in public restrooms, lobby and public areas, sitting areas, door handles, front desk, concierge desk, counter tops, chairs, floors, business center, ATM machine, computer and keyboard, elevator buttons, bar, restaurant, piano
- Daily use of a fogger with hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the hotel
- Training on the proper handling and use of the fogger machine, hospital-grade disinfectant and cleaning solutions
Food & Beverage:
- Individually wrapped silverware and condiments
- Disposable menus in all outlets
- Use of face masks and gloves
- Dining tables and furniture removed to maintain social distancing
- Removal of tablecloths
- Tables are set after guests are seated
- Elimination of buffet, including employee breakroom
- Removal of coffee/tea stations and open snacks
- Installation of plexiglass barrier at the hostess stand
- Touchless payment system in dining areas
- Training on handling and use of chemicals and disinfectants
- Use of face shields, face masks and gloves for the Culinary team
A Response Team will be established to monitor and coordinate events around any infectious disease outbreak, as well as to create guidelines that could be implemented to promote safety and mitigate the spread of infection.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the safety and comfort of Hotel Granduca where our exceptional service will once again take you beyond your expectations.
Stai al sicuro e bene,
Stay safe and well