Born in 1524 in Rimini, Italy, Adalberto and his family were forced to flee their homeland due to territorial wars and civil unrest when he was four years old.
As a result of his success at San Quintino, King Phillip II proudly appointed Adalberto the Granduca of Monfallito. As Granduca, Adalberto dedicated his life to helping Savoias maintain their dominance and rule of northern Italy until his death in 1588 at age 64.
Today, his legacy continues in Houston as his 16th century palazzo is the inspiration for Hotel Granduca.
About Hotel Granduca
Located in the heart of Uptown Park near the Galleria, the property is reminiscent of a private Italian villa. Our collection of 122 rooms and suites are designed to reflect the comfort of home and feature luxurious amenities combined with Italian accents. In-room amenities include balconies overlooking the property’s pool and gardens, dining and sitting areas, full kitchens, walk-in closets, and complimentary WiFi.
A leader in luxury hotels, Granduca Houston has received a variety awards including Conde Nast Travelers Gold list, Conde Nast’s Readers’ Choice “Top 15 Hotels in Texas” and Forbes Four Star rating.
Continuing Granduca Hotels’ tradition of offering exceptional service, fabulous suites, splendid dining and luxurious amenities, Hotel Granduca Houston gives guests an unparalleled experience in a one-of-a-kind setting.
Services and Amenities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi throughout as well as Hard Connections in all Guest Rooms
- 1400+ International TV Channels Available
- Daily Newspaper
- Shoe Shine
- Dry Cleaning
- Local Transportation in our Granduca Maserati
- iHome Radios and Docking Stations
- Dual Line Speakerphones
- Complimentary Bottled Water
- Ristorante Cavour, offering authentic northern Italian dining
- Al Fresco Dining at Il Giardino
- Afternoon Tea
- Sunday Brunch
- Rollaway Beds (Based on Availability with a nightly fee)
- Applicable to dogs and cats only. Pets must be 60lbs and under. No more than two (2) pets may be permitted during your stay. $150 non-refundable pet deposit prior to check-in (not applicable to service animals). Additional charges may apply upon room inspection. Once your pet is registered, we are happy to provide treats and bowls during your stay. Additionally, the property surrounding the hotel provides ample green space for walking and playing with your pets. A portion of the $150 pet fee is donated to a local, no-kill shelter in Houston. Our concierge will be happy to provide more information on pet-friendly dining, shopping and entertainment for your furry companions.
Awards & Accolades
- Member of the Leading Hotels of the World
- 2019 US News #1 Hotel in Houston, #2 Hotel in Texas
- 2018 TripAdvisor Traveler’s Choice Award
- 2017 #3 Hotel in Texas Conde Nast Travelers Choice Awards
- 2017 US News #1 Hotel in Houston
- 2014 Conde Nast Gold List of Hotels
- Forbes Four Star 2014
- 2013 Conde Nast Readers’ Choice “Top 15 Hotels in Texas”
- Virtuoso Hotels and Resorts
- Forbes Four Star 2011
- Ospitalita Italiana 2011
- Open Table’s Diner’s Choice Winners – Best Ambiance, Best Service, Best Italian
- Houston Press Best Risotto 2009
- Fodor’s Choice 2008
- Houston Press Best Italian Restaurant 2008-2010
- 2007 Audience Winner – Luxury Hotel
- 2007 Editorial Winner – Business Hotel
- Houston Press Best Business Hotel 2007
- Connoisseur’s Choice 2007